Wednesday, September 19, 2012

To Nig or Not to Nig: The Question of the 2012 Presidential Election

I lost my identity when America extended an olive branch to black people in the form of President Obama's election. All of a sudden I'm no longer an "other" and racism doesn't exist... HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL?!
Now, when I get followed in department stores it's because the clerks have something really important to tell me, and when my brother gets pulled over by the police, it's because they think he's lost and want to offer directions (and I can only call my biological brother "my brother").
So, I'm taking a survey: we either start a support group for people who feel their personality has been displaced by the absence of racism or we work to support the Romney campaign.

Option A--Support Group
As we try to stifle our perceptive and analytical abilities, we will work together to come to grips with the fact that the treatment we formerly believed to be a manifestation of racism actually stems from the unique ability of white Americans to perceive the flaws and needs of persons whom they do not know.
We will also refine our math skills because, as we are well aware, one black president in all American history signifies our equality. So one now must equal 41.

Option B--Campaign for Romney:
This is pretty self-explanatory. We immerse ourselves in the campaign for Mitt Romney's presidential election because if he were to be elected chances are things will return to normal: Racism will be resurrected and the olive branch retracted. The need for a support group will therefore be null and void.
Sure, he's a Republican and he's not too fond of women's rights; but he couldn't possibly have any negative feelings towards black people while Obama is still in office.  Once he's gone, though, Romney'll hopefully be a real racist  Reagan Republican--exactly what we want!

I personally believe Option A to be the better of the two because--let's be real (excuse me, realistic)--Romney's not going to win unless there's a repeat of 2000. In which case, it would be an actual accident if thousands of black Floridians' ballots go missing. *Crossed fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment